How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In West Palm Beach
You understand you have to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you have all of your valuables. But what is the right form of home protection? Figuring out if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in West Palm Beach and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense connects to an external monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at any moment. If a window sensor triggers or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring professionals get an alert immediately. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and send the applicable first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you need to respond to resolve it. This possibility is the less expensive route, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In West Palm Beach
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support in place is always a good choice. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without access to your smartphone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Speedier response: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react more quickly to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security might qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior components and smooth integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will get access to a cohesive system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Many people prefer to have the install completed by qualified professionals, but some might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be satisfactory for most as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In West Palm Beach
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some could think of this as an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an extra expense. Others may prefer going with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can install equipment whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. However, you might find incorporating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security notification? This situation will generate additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support connecting the system: If you require help during the installation, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In West Palm Beach
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in West Palm Beach from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the ideal solution for your family. Call (561) 291-7769 today to get started.