Security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras come armed with a number of features all designed to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions empower you to get the most from video surveillance in West Palm Beach.
How To Set Up Your West Palm Beach Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your security cameras in the ideal locations around your living space is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in frequented areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart idea to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear view of your front door, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations around your interior that are less imperative to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the room could reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Security Cameras
Camera location is only the foundation for utilizing the all you can from home security cameras in West Palm Beach. The features described below help to maximize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your smart device anytime unusual movement is sensed. You can also set cameras to start filming when movements are discovered which will boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your video surveillance to record and save clips so you can view them anytime.
- Two-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to people with the camera. Through ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re home or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive view of an area. Look for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up footage of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more exact, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and disregard animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the see unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in West Palm Beach is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security rises from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (561) 291-7769 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.