How Does Geofencing In West Palm Beach Integrate With A Security System?
The latest smart security options are becoming more capable every year. Even so, you may still neglect to perform simple security chores like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks in the future? When utilizing geofencing in West Palm Beach, you can just drive off to work and make your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In West Palm Beach For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then uses your mobile device to see when you go beyond the border and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components use to interact with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by grouping all elements onto a single network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries on all sides of your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur as you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you could set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are several of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in West Palm Beach. When accessing the mobile app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: program your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices come alive when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to turn on the fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera notices strange movements around your property.
● Set a scene: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Make your lighting turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to set the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in West Palm Beach
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (561) 291-7769 or complete the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.