Where To Place Home Security Cameras In West Palm Beach?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in West Palm Beach? Generally, there are three major regions of your residence for video protection: your main entry, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. Although your security installer will be able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Protect Your Main Entrance
Although it may seem crazy that a burglar would try to casually walk in primary entrance, 34% of invasions take place near this passageway. You also have delivery bandits among other risks to deal with. A video doorbell is able to manage these types of concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you are able to speak with any visitors who walk up and engage the doorbell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can respond to all engagements with two-direction audio and live feeds and appear to be at home. In the event a person does try to do something questionable, you will have your video surveillance instantly document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult undertaking. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial recommendations to help ensure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your West Palm Beach house provide an impressive viewing angle, seeing two parts of your exterior.
- Right under an overhanging eave or straight into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by your home.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing entryway for invaders than you might believe!
- Over a patio or sliding door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the road.
In each of these spots, be sure to cut back any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Recommendations To Get The Most From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your home in West Palm Beach. However, the added versatility does mean there are more factors to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Aim the lens away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a security camera positioned in a higher spot will provide a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras at the top of bookshelves or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your video equipment won’t be able to protect you if it’s broken. Install your devices where children or pets aren’t able to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or other ways to secure them to ensure they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best security camera will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. However, interior decor and plant life also have the ability to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (561) 291-7769 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.